Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dear Producers of Medium,

That was completely uncalled for.


Killing off my beloved Joe was a joke! Thinking that Allison is going to spend the rest of her life without him causes me heart ache. Not all series finales need to end in death to be great. Okay, Six Feet Under was and will always be the best series ending I have ever seen. And Lost, well...that was okay. But, Joe and Allison? Nope.

JOE & ALLISON - FOREVER!!
That was the one thing we loved about this family...their togetherness, the bond, the family (did I say family?).  It was all about this great family dynamic.  The show provided an escapism into a world that was very similar to our own (which is paradoxical, I guess)  - minus the talking to dead people, of course. You took that away. I mean, even to the point that they weren't together at the very end. She dies alone...it was stupid and didn't fit the past 7 years. It was a cop-out! Shame on you.

I think if you had ended the show with last week's episode, I would have been fine. Just Allison going on with her life with her family behind her supporting her. Awesomeness!

So, you will excuse me if I will forever think that Joe and Allison are on their back deck, him lovingly massaging her feet while she blathers on about some poor murdered girl reaching out from behind the grave and haunting her dreams.
Yup, Joe is right beside her.

1 comment:

  1. You've made me want to see this "Medium" might have to go rent the box set :D

    ReplyDelete