Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Hate When This Happens!!!!

Someone left the cake out in the rain. I think it was my daughter. I told her to put it in the fridge and I saw her heading for it, but then the cat cried to be let in and, well...she must have been distracted.

I don't think that I can take it. Really!! 'Cause it took so long to bake it. I started around noon. Stopped just to make dinner and then went at it again. There was all this funky stuff with a real vanilla bean and whisking egg whites. Do you see all those freakin' flowers? Those aren't easy and they're all edible!  I finished at like 9:00  (I even missed the first 3 hours of Biggest Loser).

Why did it have to rain last night??? Crap. Why didn't I remember to put it in my beautiful cake holder from the Container Store. Shit!

And the worst part is... I'll never have that recipe again. Not sure why? I think it was one of those disappearing ink recipes. It lasts for one day and then, poof! Gone. I tried Googling it but nothing. The person that gave it to me said theirs vanished, too. I'm pissed. Damned it all!!!

4 comments:

  1. THAT! That cake there in the picture was left in the rain??? OMG, ya, I'd be disappointed...probably pissed...but you certainly are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I want to send you a Christmas card. Can I get your mailing address? My email is helena.eriksson85@gmail.com. Thanks DLK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of that song, but I found myself singing it yesterday too. The rain'll do that to you.

    ReplyDelete