Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Writing Prompt #2

"If you could go back in time and meet your 16-year-old self, what three things would you tell yourself?"


1. Spend more time this last year with Gram. Tell her that her sauce is amazing and no matter how hard you try, you'll never make it as good.

2. Invest in Microsoft - I mean c'mon.

3. Get a flat iron. I don't know when they were invented, girl, but don't walk...run!



Can I tell her a couple more....please!!! Don't bring the camera to the beach on your honeymoon. Kiss him.  Ask for another anesthesiologist for your third child. DO NOT start playing Tetris.

Okay, I'm good.

4 comments:

  1. My advice would be "He's not all that. The time you will waste, the energy you will invest, the emotional involvement...it's so not worth it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, comfymom hit it right in the head for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great.

    I remember this one beach trip or something, this girl forgot her flatiron (they agreed to bring one for all of them) and they all began FREAKING out. Now that I'm older and know the wonders a flat iron can do, I think they were justified in their panic.

    Finally, I used to think I was good at Tetris and then I saw this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgTBRgdGgk
    I feel like my entire life has been a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they were justified in freaking out!

    Okay, I will check that site out, but I'm a little nervous - refer to my post "Go Away, I'm Blogging"

    ReplyDelete