Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"What's Your Favorite Movie?"


This is writing prompt #3 but I didn't like seeing that as the title.  I think this is my last prompt, for now. It's been fun and I made it a whole 3 days. I think I have writing ADD - need to move on to the  next thing. I will, however, revisit these from time to time....

So, what's my favorite movie?

This one's hard because I have many. I can, however, narrow it down to two:

The Shawshank Redemption based on Stephen King's short story Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. I have seen this movie 9,000 times because I am powerless to change the channel if it's on. And it is always on.

Love, love, love Tim Robbins and love, love, love Morgan Freeman.

And any man who can spend 17 years digging a hole in his prison wall each night, then emptying said wall out onto the prison yard the next day, THEN crawl through a river of shit to "come out clean on the other side", deserves to maybe, just maybe, be free!

Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. Sappy as all get out. But the time travel thing has me every time - which came first??? Did she hand him the watch and then he went back to find her? No, cause she got the watch from him when he went back in time, but he got it from her in the present...ahhhh!!!!

I have watched it with my kids and freaked them out, too. Well, only #3, he's the only one that would really get or not get the whole time travel thing.

It's really is just a wonderful, romantic movie. But damned if each time I find myself praying he doesn't whip out that penny! Oh, and can I tell you Christopher Reeve is one nice looking, tall glass of water!

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen the second one, but shawshank is amazing. And I can only do writers prompts every once in a while. They are great when i have writers block, but i need more freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I've never seen either* I'm a movie failure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Shawshank. It is my hub's favorite movie. I could never narrow mine down to one but two of my faves are Magnolia and Pulp Fiction. I also love The Social Network that I just reviewed today actually. I really miss going to movies now that I am a parent and don't have evenings free anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, really I'm the movie failure. I haven't seen anything that's recent. Notice my movies were from like the 80s and early 90s.

    And BTW is the expression a tall glass of water, or tall drink of water....haha, I put glass...hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get ADD too.
    Good for you for sticking with it for 3 posts.
    Great movie choices.
    The only movie that comes to mind for me is Napoleon Dynamite. I always stop on it when I'm scrolling through the channels. It's a bonus if I land on the dancing scene.

    ReplyDelete